Why you need a Bespoke Access Control System for your Business discussed by Elite Fire & Security
Security continues to be an increasing concern for businesses in all industries and ensuring that your employees, customers, suppliers, equipment and information remain safe is always a top priority. Access control systems control who enters and leaves a property, offering a simple and easy way for your employees and visitors to enter and exit your business. There are different types of access control systems which can be used in business and domestic properties although they are used much less in domestic settings. Elite Fire & Security are experts in all aspects of security systems and explain why you need a Bespoke Access Control System for your business.
Access control systems offer security to businesses by giving flexible control over who is allowed access. There are several types of access control systems available to suit your individual business’s needs and they are now one of the most commonly used security systems across the world. An access control system can be installed on a door, gate, lift, barrier or any entry points, or multiple entry points to control who can enter and exit. They are a security solution which protects people, an area, belongings, data and systems inside a premise as well as the property itself. They offer quick and convenient access to a building or area to anyone who is authorised, whilst restricting access to anyone who isn’t. They are also widely used to monitor who is entering and leaving a premise and when.
Access control door systems are important for safety and security. They are a crucial element of commercial and home security systems as they effectively keep your staff, occupants, building and its contents safe and secure by controlling the movement of who comes in and out.
There are several different types of Access Control Door Systems and each one works in a different way to allow access to a building, property or area. Every business and premise is different with different layouts and needs so it is vitally important that you have a bespoke access control system for your business to ensure it is kept secure. The different types of access control systems include:
- Keypad Entry Access Control Systems
- Key Fob Entry Access Control Systems
- Card Entry Access Control Systems
- Fingerprint Entry Access Control Systems
- Retina Entry Access Control Systems
- RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Entry Access Control Systems
All types of access control systems have the same purpose; allowing or denying entry at specific access points, however, they all do this in different ways.
Keypad Entry Access Control System has a numeric keypad which anyone entering needs to know and use the numeric code to allow their entry and exit. The numeric code is set by the business and can be changed at any time which is recommended to allow for staff leavers or changes in security.
Key Fob Entry Access Control System (frequency operated button) is a wireless remote control key fob which is given to anyone who is allowed access. The key fob is much like a car key fob which is battery operated and when you want to open an entry or exit point you press the button on the fob.
Card Entry Access Contro System is a keycard with a security token which allows entry end exit through an access point or door when the card is scanned. A keycard reader is installed and allows entry or exit when the card is tapped against the reader or swiped through.
Fingerprint Entry Access Control System is a biometric (fingerprint and retina) access control system which allows access to anyone who’s fingerprint or retina have been authorised. These systems are being used more and more now by many different and highly secure organisations as they are noted as being the most secure due to the entry code, card or fob not being able to be lost or passed onto anyone who isn’t authorised. A fingerprint and retina access control system quickly allows easy access to anyone who is authorised and prevents access to anyone who isn’t in real-time which adds to its security benefits.
Retina Entry Access Control System biometric (retina and fingerprint) access control systems are a fast-growing market with lots of organisations now using them because they are seen as the most secure access control systems; the code cannot be passed on to anyone who isn’t authorised, the key fob or card cannot be passed on to anyone who isn’t authorised, the cards and fobs can’t be lost and the access list can be changed immediately to allow or remove access in real-time making it more secure.
RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Entry Access Control System the RFID control reader sends out radio waves of a specific frequency and the RFID tags (cards or fobs) transmit data through radio waves. When the card is within range the antenna within it captures the waves and broadcasts a message which includes the unique number from the chip which then allows access. These are highly beneficial for car park gates and barriers or garage doors when you want to allow access without the need of getting in and out of a vehicle.
There are many benefits of Access Control Systems including:
- Allowing quick and easy access and exit to authorised people
- Restricting entry to anyone without authorisation
- Monitoring who has entered and exited (record of entry)
- Restricting certain areas within a building or premises
- Minimising break-ins and unauthorised entry
- Protecting occupants within a premises
- Protecting valuables, belongings and data in a premises
- Protecting buildings or premises
- Allowing quick changes to authorised access lists
- Locking down and restricting movement in an emergency
- Removing the need for multiple keys for different access points
- Allowing you to easily add, remove or amend users accessibility at any time and remotely
- Allowing you to scale up and add entry points to your bespoke system as your business grows
- Allowing timesheet ‘clock-in’ and ‘clock-out’ with 24/7 recording and monitoring of entry logs
- Battery back-up in the event of a power cut ensuring no disruption to your business
Elite Fire & Security Bespoke Access Control System & Services
If you are considering, or need an access control system for your business then you should always use a reputable and professional security business like Elite Fire & Security who will come in and learn about your business, your security requirements, your operational functions and then design a bespoke access control system for you. Our access control systems allow authorised person’s access to certain areas of your premises and these areas can be set by the individual. Our access control systems are high-quality security systems which will protect your business, its occupants, data and allow you to be in control of who is authorised and where.
The type of access control system you choose will depend on your premises, property, business, operational needs, premises layout and security needs.
- We will visit your premises to learn about your business and conduct a full site and risk assessment
- Our on-site visit will assess your building layout, access and exit points which enable us to design a fully integrated access control system to suit your security needs and requirements
- We will communicate with architects, facilities managers or building contractors if needed before providing you with written recommendations, a bespoke plan and a free no-obligation quote
- We will offer you varying access control system options and explain the benefits and disadvantages of each one, as well as the cost of installation and maintenance
- If you already have a security system in place we will review your existing equipment and identify any security risks to design a system that suits your needs and business
- We can scale up your existing systems and add in other systems and components to make your business more secure and up to date
- We can provide you with information about the businesses we have worked with and the types and scale of access control systems we have designed and installed
- The installation of your access control entry system will be completed by a team of our fully trained security specialists who will install and test your new security system
- We will provide you and your team with full training, an understanding of your new system, along with how to add, remove or amend users access authorisation at any time remotely
- We offer maintenance and servicing options which will keep your access control system operating safely and effectively
- We offer planned maintenance and service contracts to ensure your access control system is kept in good and safe working order, preventing issues and giving you peace of mind that your business is secure 365 days a year, 24 hours a day
- Our team are friendly and professional and are passionate about delivering excellent service and outstanding security systems every time
We are one of the UK’s leading Access Control System specialists and we supply, install and maintain a wide range of access control systems and products at premises throughout Bristol, Bath, the South West and London. We offer professional and cost-effective security advice that you can trust and a free no-obligation site assessment and quote. if you are looking for or considering a Bespoke Access Control System to secure your business then contact us today on 0117 405 7965 and one of our experts will be able to answer any questions you have or arrange your free security assessment.