Commercial Gates & Barriers discussed by Elite Fire & Security
Securing your business or commercial property is really important and having a commercial gate or barrier system will help you with this and easy access, as well as making your business look smart and professional. Our article will tell you everything you need to know about Commercial Gates & Barriers.
What are Commercial Gates?
Commercial gates are gates that are strong enough to secure your business or commercial property, they come in a huge range of styles, sizes, materials and colours and can be automated to make getting in and out of your business easy whilst keeping it secure. Automated Commercial Gates can be opened and closed using a variety of devices including; digital keypads, card readers, intercom systems, CCTV systems and vehicle tag readers.
What are Commercial Barriers?
Commercial barriers are barriers which prevent unauthorised or controlled access to a commercial business or property and are ideal for high traffic sites or properties that need entry and exit points monitored. They are also used in car parks or on train crossings and their strong build means they can endure high traffic points and automated to suit your business needs. Automated Commercial Barriers can be opened and closed using a variety of devices including; digital keypads, card readers, intercom systems, CCTV systems and vehicle tag readers.
What is the purpose of Commercial Gates & Barriers?
The main purpose of Commercial Gates & Barriers is to protect a site or property from unauthorised access, monitor and control access, prevent access or slow traffic down when they are entering or exiting. A Commercial Gate system also gives property’s or sites privacy compared to an open entrance.
What are the Benefits of Commercial Gates?
Commercial Gates have many different benefits and are manufactured to your specifications and businesses needs.
Preventing Unauthorised Access – The visual aspect of Commercial Gates act as a deterrent to anyone wanting to gain unauthorised access to an area or site, as well as preventing access if it is tried. A person wanting to gain access without authorisation is far more unlikely to do it if there is a Commercial Gate system in place and if they do attempt it will be a lot more difficult for them.
Securing your Property, Team and Assets – Commercial Gates add a security element to any of your property’s entry or exit points. You can monitor who comes in and out, have access codes or access cards enabling easy access for those that are authorised and a buzzer or intercom system that allows people to request access. Commercial Gates can be made from wood or aluminium for low to medium risk sites and reinforced steel for high-security risk sites or properties. Steel enforced gates will prevent car-ramming and can withstand extreme force to prevent entry. If your operation is 24 hours your team will feel more secure at night. Commercial Gates make your property, stock, customers and staff more secure.
Convenience – Automated Commercial Gates offer convenience for staff, customers and deliveries. Customers and delivery companies will find it easier to access your business with an automated gate system using access codes, card readers, intercom systems, CCTV systems and vehicle tag readers which can all be programmed to open and close your commercial gate system.
Adding Value to your Commercial Property – Commercial Gates look impressive and professional and will make your property and business feel more exclusive as well as adding value.
Privacy – Commercial Gates offer a level of privacy for your business compared to an open entrance.
Reduction of Insurance Premiums – Having a Commercial Gate System can sometimes reduce your insurance premiums if they have been installed by a Commercial Gate and Security Company.
Reduction of Security Costs – If you have a gate access system you can remove the cost of security staff at your business’s entrance.
Manufactured for Strength & Use – Commercial Gates are manufactured to protect your business or commercial property as well as coping with the volume of traffic or access needed.
Weather Resistant – Commercial Gate systems are manufactured to be weatherproof and are protected against any adverse weather conditions to ensure they operate efficiently and effectively 24-hours a day
What are the Benefits of Commercial Barriers?
Commercial Barriers have many different benefits and are manufactured to your specifications and businesses needs.
Preventing Unauthorised Access – Commercial Barriers act as a visual deterrent to unauthorised access to an area or site when they are seen as well as actually restricting any unauthorised access. A person wanted to gain access without authorisation is far more unlikely to do it if there is a Commercial Barrier system in place and if they do attempt it will be a lot more difficult for them.
Security – Commercial Barrier Systems add a security element to any of your property or sites entry or exit points. You can monitor who comes in and out, have access codes or access cards enabling easy access for those that are authorised and a buzzer or intercom system that allows people to request access for the barrier to be lifted. Commercial Barriers are made from aluminium for low to medium risk sites and reinforced steel for high-security sites or properties. Steel enforced barriers will prevent car-ramming and can withstand extreme force to prevent entry.
Reduction of Insurance Premiums –Having a Commercial Barrier System installed can sometimes reduce your insurance premiums if it has been installed by a Commercial Security Company.
Controlling Traffic Flow – They allow for a site or property to have controlled access whilst still allowing a high volume of traffic to enter and exit so they are often used for high traffic areas over a gate system. They are manufactured to open and close as many times as they need to without impacting their operation. They can be used to reinforce traffic systems, minimising the risk of vehicles colliding as well as a system to separate pedestrians and vehicles to ensure safety.
Controlling Crowds – Commercial Barriers are often used in high traffic pedestrian sites or properties to prevent unauthorised access or control how many people are entering and exiting at one time, for example in a football stadium or concert venue. They offer a safe, strong and reliable solution to crowd control in high volume pedestrian areas.
Convenience – Automated Commercial Barrier Systems offer convenience and ease of access to authorised vehicles and pedestrians in a wide range of settings. They can be programmed to automatically open when the correct access code is entered or a card swiped, or visitors can request access through a buzzer and/or intercom system.
Manufactured for High Volume Entry & Exit – Commercial Barriers are made to enable easy and authorised access at high volume entry and exit points.
Reduction of Insurance Premiums – Having a Commercial Barrier System can sometimes reduce your insurance premiums if they have been installed by a Commercial Security Company.
Reduction of Security Costs – If you have a Commercial Barrier system in place you can remove the cost of security staff at your business’s or property’s entrance.
Manufactured for Strength – Commercial Barriers are manufactured to protect your specific business or commercial properties needs from unwanted entry.
Weather Resistant – Whether a Commercial Barrier system is installed above ground using concrete or below ground using foundations they are manufactured to be weatherproof and are protected against any adverse weather conditions to ensure they operate efficiently and effectively 24/7.
What are Commercial Barriers made from?
There are lots of different types of Commercial Barriers and they are all made from different materials to suit their use. If they are being used in a car park then they will normally have an aluminium arm that will snap if anyone drives into or through it when they are closed, whereby a government site that needs a high level of protection would be made from heavy reinforced steel that will withstand any high impact collision.
A Commercial Barrier can be surface mounted with concrete or installed with foundations underground and this depends on their use and the strength needed.
What are Commercial Gates made from?
Commercial Gates can be made from wood or different types of metal, they can have solid panels or a metal frame and wooden inserts, there are loads of styles and colours to choose from and one to suit every business.
What types of Commercial Gates are there?
There isn’t a standard Commercial Gate system and each one should be planned and designed around your requirements and business needs. Commercial Gates can be automated with above the ground visible automation systems or they can be hidden underground. Both systems work equally well and there are benefits and disadvantages to both.
There are many different types of Commercial Gates you can choose from and there are a lot of things to take into consideration when you are making your choice so its always better to utilise the expertise of a Commercial Security Company who will advise you on the best gate system for you after they have assessed your site and business needs.
Types of Commercial Gates:
- Swing Gates
- Sliding Gates
- Bi-folding Gates
- Automated Gates
All of these can be automated and accessed in different ways and made from wood, aluminium or steel depending on your requirements.
What types of Commercial Barriers are there?
There are many different types of Commercial Barrier Systems available and each one will vary depending on your business or commercial property needs, therefore, you should always make use of a specialist Commercial Security Company who will assess your business, property and site to advise you which Commercial Barrier system will be best for you.
Types of Commercial Barriers:
- Height restriction bar
- Manual access barrier
- Swing barrier gate
- Automatic raise arm barrier
- PAS 68 counter-terrorism barrier
What should you consider when getting Commercial Gates & Barriers?
A Commercial Gate & Barrier specialist will fully understand your security and access needs and will be able to advise you on the best system for you. They will design, supply, install and maintain your Commercial Gate or Barrier system, making adjustments and additions to your security needs as and when you need it.
What should you expect from a Commercial Gate & Barrier System specialist?
- They will visit your premises to learn about your business and conduct a full risk and site assessment
- They will communicate with architects, facilities managers or building contractors if you need them to before providing you with written recommendations and a free no-obligation quote
- Their on-site visit will assess your building layout, access and exit points to enable them to design a fully integrated Commercial Gate or Barrier system to suit your security needs and access requirements
- They will offer you different Commercial Gate & Barrier system options and explain the benefits and disadvantages of each one, as well as the cost of installation and maintenance
- They will be able to provide you with information on the businesses they have worked with previously and the types of Commercial Gate & Barrier systems they have installed
- The installation of your Commercial Gate & Barrier system will be carried out by fully trained specialists who will install and test your new entry system
- They will provide you and your team with full training, an understanding of your new system along with how you can remove and give access as you need to
- They will offer you maintenance and servicing options which will keep your Commercial Gate & Barrier system operating safely and effectively
- They will offer you planned maintenance and service contracts to ensure your Commercial Gate & Barrier system is kept in good and safe working order, preventing issues and giving you peace of mind 365 days a year, 24 hours a day
About Elite Fire & Security Systems
Elite Fire and Security are the specialists in installing the latest Commercial Gate & Barrier Systems. We have been automating commercial gates for over 25 years and are now one of the most highly regarded gate automation companies in the South West.
We work with small, medium and large businesses and homes, on all types of projects installing and maintaining single and multiple Gate & Barrier Systems which can be linked to central monitoring stations at larger sites if needed.
Each and every system we design is unique to your requirements and premises and we work meticulously with every client to ensure their access security system is customised for their specific needs.
Our Gate & Barrier System Services include:
- Supplying and installing electric Gates & Barriers suitable for commercial properties and also to meet your individual security requirements assuring the highest degree of quality and customer satisfaction
- We understand that no two sites are the same so therefore offer a bespoke service from design to installation where we can supply a custom-built electric Gate or Barrier to fit your precise specification and to integrate with your new or existing secure fencing and surroundings ensuring that the finished product is precisely what is required
- Our commercial range of automated Gates & Barriers can be manufactured to match your requirements simply for security or to an eye-catching design where a one-of-a-appearance is important. Our commercial gates can be plain mesh security gates typically installed for schools, local authorities, hospitals and similar institutions, bespoke architectural gates to reflect a company’s corporate and business image, decorative gates and railings for gated communities and apartments, to heavy-duty steel palisade gates for industrial premises
- All of Elite Fire & Security gates are individually designed and manufactured for your specific site requirements and Computer-Aided Design (CAD) drawings which will be prepared for your approval before we start making your gates or railings
- All of our commercial Gates & Barriers are designed and manufactured with Gate & Barrier automation in mind and adhere to current electrical power gate regulations as well as the Machinery Directive
- Elite Fire & Security clientele includes an impressive list of blue-chip organisations, including property developers, building contractors, schools and local authorities, as well as property managers for finest apartment buildings, gated communities and businesses in Bristol and the South West
- Professional installation by fully qualified experts – all of our staff are fully qualified and trained in all the relevant areas of Gate & Barriers Health & safety and we will train you on your new system
- Emergency Callouts and Repairs – if your system goes down, we can be there within 2 hours to resolve any issues
- Planned Maintenance & Servicing – Gate & Barrier systems benefit from regular servicing to ensure that the readers are working correctly, and the system is functioning as it should
- A friendly and professional team who are passionate about delivering excellent service and outstanding security systems
We are one of the UK’s leading Gate & Barrier System specialists and we supply, install and maintain a wide range of systems and products at premises throughout Bristol, Bath and the South West. We offer a free, no-obligation site assessment and quotation service, as well as professional and cost-effective security that you can trust. Contact us on 01174536214 and one of our experts will be able to answer any questions you may have or book your free security assessment survey today.