Commercial Intruder Alarms explained by Elite Fire Security
Protecting your business inside and out is essential to ensure you keep your organisation running without disruption whilst protecting the look and brand of your business. Theft or vandalism causes havoc to you, your customers and team whilst you are trying to sort it out, liaise with insurers and arrange and deal with tradespeople to mend any damage that has been done. Running a business is hard in today’s world and protecting it from break-ins is crucial to minimise any impact on wasted time, stock impacts and profits. Regardless of your building and contents business insurance, you have when you experience a break-in your business will suffer. It causes damage to your property and loss of stock or personal, meaning you can’t operate at full capacity for some time. Commercial Intruder Alarms will deter break-ins and protect your property and business.
What are Commercial Intruder Alarms?
Commercial Intruder Alarms are also known as commercial burglar alarms and they are systems that will put potential intruders off and protect your property and business, giving you peace of mind 24 hours, 365 days a year.
What are the benefits of Commercial Intruder Alarms?
- It is a well-known fact that intruders would rather target property with no security system or an old, outdated model than to take the risk of breaking into a property with a newly integrated intruder alarm
- Your business can hold valuable stock, specialist equipment, employee possessions and data as well as sometimes sensitive customer information. A break-in, even if no personal data is taken will cause upheaval to you, your team and uncertainty for your customers
- When you have a commercial intruder alarm fitted your property is less likely to be broken into as intruders are looking for easy targets where they can be in and out quickly with no alerts made to business owners, the police or passers-by. In a lot of cases, just the sight of an intruder alarm can be enough to deter an otherwise interested intruder. This means that installing a commercial intruder alarm system will most likely significantly lower your insurance premium. Saving will depend on your insurer and the type of intruder alarm you have fitted
- Not all businesses have someone there every day or even every week, you may use your property to store items that are essential to your business. In these cases, a commercial intruder alarm offers you peace of mind when you or any team members are not at your property An intruder alarm keeps your property and belongings safe deterring thieves in your absence
- More advanced commercial intruder alarm systems come with cameras and motion detectors that alert you if someone is inside or outside of your property. Some commercial intruder alarms can include remote locking, so you can ensure that your windows and doors are always locked
- Monitored commercial intruder alarm systems offer Police response. High-quality monitored systems that are compliant with police requirements are eligible for immediate Police response. The time that is saved with this direct connection via the monitoring centre can mean the difference between catching the criminal and arriving too late. Police response systems can only be installed by approved security companies
- In many instances, the amount spent on a monitored alarm system can be offset by a reduction in your insurance premium and it is certainly worth contacting your insurance provider to check this if you are thinking about having a commercial intruder alarm fitted or your current one updated. If they don’t offer you any discount then shop around with other insurers and ask them
Types of Commercial Intruder Alarms?
Depending on your requirements, Commercial Intruder Alarms are all designed to trigger an alarm when an intruder is detected inside, outside or both. There are different types of alarms available and the alarm you choose will vary depending on the nature of your business and the property and belongings you are protecting.
Wireless Alarms, Remote Monitoring Commercial and Domestic Intruder Alarms – These types of alarms can be set up so that a call centre can monitor your premises 24 hours a day. If the alarm is triggered your signalling system will automatically alert your call centre and they will contact key holders and the police if you have a Police Response system. This can work in 3 different ways;
- Keyholder – when the alarm is triggered, the alarm receiving centre will contact your nominated keyholders
- Text Alert – an automated text is sent to alert your nominated contacts of an intrusion
- Police Monitoring – The police will be notified through the alarm receiving centre
Wireless Intruder Alarm Systems – Wireless systems provide options to for sensors, cameras, beams and motion detectors to be installed in and around your property which alert you when someone or something is detected. These alarm systems are good if you have multiple entry points as the system will alert you which sensor, camera, beam and motion point has been disturbed.
Audible Intruder Alarms – Audible systems set off a loud alarm and flashing strobe lights designed to attract a lot of attention. These type of systems will alarm any intruders, however, as they are unmonitored key holders and the police will not be alerted unless a member of the public calls to report a disturbance. This means they are not always the best option for commercial premises as they rely on neighbours or passers-by noticing and reporting the disturbance as well as some experienced intruders not being put off by the alarm sound and flashing lights.
Who should I consider when I am thinking about Commercial Intruder Alarms?
- A good security company will visit your premises to learn about your business and will perform a full risk assessment. An assessment of major risks should be based on the threats that your business could encounter and possible entry points to ensure they give you a design and install a system that will protect your business to its optimum capability
- They will liaise with your insurance provider, architect, facilities manager or building contractors before providing you with an assessment report, recommendations and a free no-obligation quote
- Their on-site visit should assess your building layout and access points to enable them to produce a system design as it is vital that the system functions correctly and offers you the security you need
- They should offer you options for different types of an intruder, monitoring and notification systems and explain the benefits and disadvantages of each one, along with the cost to install and any ongoing maintenance costs or alert systems
- They should be able to provide you with information on businesses they have worked with previously and the types of systems they have installed
- The installation of your new system should be carried out by fully trained and specialist engineers who will install and test your new intruder alarm
- They should provide you and your team with full training and an understanding of your new commercial intruder alarm
- They will be able to offer you maintenance and servicing options which will keep your system operating effectively. A good security company will be able to offer you a planned maintenance and servicing contract which ensures your systems are kept in good running order, preventing issues and giving you peace of mind 365 days a year, 24 hours a day
If you are thinking about installing a Commercial Intruder Alarm for your business anywhere in Bristol, Bath or the South West then contact Elite Fire Security on 0117 911 4798 and one of our experts will be able to answer any questions you may have or book a free site assessment.
Elite Fire Security
- We only install the highest quality intruder alarm systems and components supplied by major manufacturers within the security industry
- Following installation full training will be given to you, your management and staff members
- We only use proven manufacturers and the latest technology to ensure complete protection for your business
- Since we started back in 2005 we have carried out hundreds of jobs for business throughout the South West
- Our jobs vary in specification and size and we have a lot of experience in all aspects of Fire and Security as a result of this
- We work with Leisure Centres, Storage Facilities, Restaurants, Offices, Car Dealerships, Industrial Properties and Works as well as many more
Martyn works for Elite Fire Security as a marketing specialist. He takes great pride in creating quality content relating to intruder alarm, fire alarm, door entry and CCTV systems.