Elite Fire & Security COVID-19 Statement
We have been carefully observing the development of the spread, Government advice and information and media surrounding the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
In compliance with the latest Government guidance, we are working as normal.
It is possible to carry out our work at a distance of 2-metres.
We are prioritising appointments as follows:
1. Businesses with Fire or Security Systems which if not REPAIRED will impact on insurance coverage or vulnerability of the building.
2. Businesses with Fire or Security Systems which if not SERVICED will impact on insurance coverage or vulnerability of the building.
3. Businesses who are taking the opportunity whilst the building is unoccupied to have with Fire or Security Systems repaired or serviced.
Our teams will endeavour to get to every customer, new and old.
To protect our staff, clients and other contacts we would like to issue the following advice;
We would like to reassure our clients that it is business as usual at Elite Fire & Security. Our staff currently continue to work as normal, with and following guidelines to minimise contact and ensure the sanitising hands and materials. We are preparing for all eventualities and keeping the situation under constant review. We have plans in place to introduce different working arrangements should the need arise.
The wellbeing of our staff and clients remains our priority and we have put in place reasonable and proportionate arrangements to protect our colleagues and clients. These include:-
- Clients are advised not to attend our offices, if not essential.
- Elderly and vulnerable clients should not attend our offices at all.
- Colleagues sanitise equipment and surrounding environment – maintaining social distancing
We will not visit clients:-
- If they have returned from travel to an affected country in the past 14 days
- if they have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for coronavirus
- if they are displaying any of the symptoms associated with coronavirus – fever, cough, shortness of breath
- Business meetings will be conducted via telephone or video if possible.
We are allowing staff to self-isolate or work from home should they have recently travelled or feel concerned for their wellbeing.
If any members of our team experience a new persistent cough and/or a high temperature above 37.8C they are self-isolating in line with Government guidance.
What we ask of our Clients
- We are asking Clients to refrain from shaking hands or contact.
- If you attend our offices we may ask you to confirm: you have not returned from travel to an affected country in the past 14 days; been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for coronavirus; are not displaying any of the symptoms associated with coronavirus.
- We will request that you wash your hands or use any available hand sanitiser if attending our offices; please don’t be offended.
If you do have a face to face meeting with a member of our team, we ask you to follow Public Health guidance including:
- Washing your hands with soap and water often.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing and sneezing and putting it in the bin straight away.
- Not touching your face if your hands are not clean.
- Maintain an instance of at least two metres.
We wish to reassure you that we are taking all necessary precautions and will be reviewing the situation and updating this page regularly. We will continue to follow the Government guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance If you have any concerns please feel free to contact us on one of our local office numbers.