Safety And Security Systems Dursley
Business Fire Alarms, CCTV, Intruder Alarms & Access Control Systems
Our professional security systems in Dursley will ensure your property, along with your business are safeguarded from fire, intruders, criminal damage and much more. Without them, your professional property or company may be at more risk of burglaries and fire damage and its operation impacted, in addition to a great deal of money and time being devoted to arranging and mending any destruction that has transpired.
Elite Fire Safety and Security are industry safety and security professionals based in the South West and our company offers installation, upgrades, maintenance and repair when it comes to business safety and security support services in Dursley and the surrounding areas. If you need increased security for your commercial property or business get in touch with us today at 0333 577 1230 and we can answer any questions you might have and schedule a no-obligation site visit. Our experts have knowledge in all varieties of safety and security systems and will examine your property as well as its location needs before advising on the systems that will increase and greatly enhance the safety and security of your site.
Access Control Installation, Maintenance & Repair Services
Access control systems provide enhanced security to businesses, homes or premises by offering flexible control over who is permitted access. They are one of the most used security systems for businesses now and there are different types of systems available to meet your requirements.
Access control can be used on entrance doors, gateways, lifts, barriers or any entrance or exit points to control who enters and leaves a property. They are a solution to protect people within a residential or commercial property, a specific room or area in a property, belongings and systems as well as the property itself. They enable you to keep track of and control who is entering and leaving at any moment.
An access control system not only provides security of who is entering a property or site but also allows swift entry with a pin code or swipe access card.
Types Of Access Control Door Systems
There are different kinds of Access Control Door Systems and each one works slightly differently. Elite Fire & Security are experts in the types available and will be able to strongly recommend the best system for your property, business, needs and budget plan.
- Keypad Entry Access Control Systems
- Key Fob Entry Access Control Systems
- Card Entry Access Control Systems
- Fingerprint Entry Access Control Systems
- Retina Entry Access Control Systems
- RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Entry Access Control Systems
Keypad Entry Access – This form of access control system utilises a keypad with a numeric keypad for entering and exiting. Businesses and homeowners can change the numeric code at any time if necessary.
Key Fob Entry Access – This is when somebody who has been given permission to access a property or an area uses a wireless remote control key fob to open the entry point, much like a car key fob. The fob is battery operated.
Card Entry Access – Access to an access point or door is controlled by a keycard which contains a security token. An installed keycard reader opens and closes the door when the card is touched against the reader or swiped through a swipe reader.
Fingerprint Entry Access – Biometric (fingerprint and retina) entry access control systems are growing in appeal because they are considered more secure as a result of the fact that the entry code, fob or card can not be passed on to any individual who isn’t authorised. A fingerprint entry access control system allows authorised individuals to gain access very quickly while preventing unauthorised individuals from doing so.
Retina Entry Access – Biometric (retina and fingerprint) entry access control systems are a growing market with lots of companies using them because they are seen as more secure access systems. The entry code, fob or card can not be passed on to anyone who isn’t authorised and only allows access to authorised people.
RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Entry Access – Access control systems that use RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) allow entry to authorised individuals. Radio waves are sent out by the RFID control reader, and radio waves are transmitted by the RFID tags (cards/fobs). The moment the card is within range, the antenna within it captures the waves and broadcasts a communication that contains a unique number from the chip, which allows access.
Access control door systems have the same purpose of enabling or rejecting entry or exit but they do so in different ways. You can have an access control door system in a business property, home or if you have land that is protected by fencing and gateways which allows you to control who enters. The systems can be developed and fitted to doors, gates, barriers, turnstiles and a lot more.
Access Control System Benefits
- They allow fast and simple access or entry to any individual authorised
- They prohibit entry to those who are not authorised
- You can identify who has entered and when (record of entry)
- They can limit regions within a building or residential or commercial property quickly and remotely
- They are very difficult to break into and gain entry without the authorisation
- They offer protection to people inside a building
- They protect valuables and belongings in a building
- They protect businesses, sites and residential or commercial properties
- They allow fast and easy access to anyone authorised
The system you decide on will depend on your property and security requirements. Elite Fire & Security will execute a full security appraisal of your site and learn more about your needs and afterwards recommend you the very best solution for you and your finances.
As opposed to an access control door system, an intruder alarm will not prevent anyone from entering a building or area, it will just alert you or others that the area has been accessed without your consent.
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Access Control System Professional – Elire Fire & Security?
Our team will visit your premises to learn about your business and perform a full site and risk assessment.
We can interact with architects, facilities managers or building contractors if you need them to before delivering you written recommendations and a no-obligation estimate.
Our on-site visit will assess your building layout, access and exit points to allow us to design a fully integrated access control entry system to suit your security requirements.
We can offer you various access control entry system alternatives and explain the benefits and drawbacks of each one, the cost of installation and continual routine maintenance.
We can present you with information about the business organisations we have worked with and the types of access control systems we have installed.
The installation of your access control entry system is completed by our fully trained specialists who will install and test your new system.
Our team provide you and your team with complete training, an understanding of your new system together with how you can remove and give access as you need to.
Our team can offer you maintenance and service solutions that will keep your access control system operating safely and efficiently.
We provide 24/7 emergency repair services if you need us.
We are specialists in installing the most up-to-date access control systems including market-leading solutions from Paxton Access Control and Honeywell Security UK.
Whether small, medium or large, we work with all kinds of businesses and homes in installing and maintaining single control point and multiple control point systems that can be networked to central monitoring stations at larger locations if needed.
Every system we design is unique to your property and requirements, and we work closely with each customer to customise their access security system to fulfil their specific requirements.
We are one of the UK’s leading Access Control System experts and we source, install and maintain a vast array of security systems and products in Dursley and the South West. We offer a no-obligation site evaluation and quotation service. Get in touch with us on 0333 577 1230 and one of our experts will be able to address any questions you may have or book your free security assessment survey today.
Professional Intruder Alarms Installation, Routine Maintenance & Repair Dursley
An intruder or burglar alarm will offer protection to your business inside and out and keep your company operating without any interruption whilst also protecting your team, customers and brand name. Any sort of theft or maybe vandalism causes significant disruption and cost to the property whilst you organise repair work, recuperate inventory and liaise with insurance companies.
Safeguarding your property and commercial property with a professional industrial intruder security system will certainly reduce the chance of planned burglary and decrease the probability of any type of ad hoc attempts too. Thieves are much less likely to target properties with an alarm system as they will likely want a fast and noiseless entry where they are less likely to get captured.
Commercial Intruder Alarms Advantages
- It is well-known that intruders are going to opt for a property with no security system or an out-of-date system instead of running the risk of entering a commercial property with a recently integrated alarm system
- If your business maintains stock, specialist equipment, team member belongings and private and delicate data then an intruder alarm will reduce the possibility of your property being broken into
- An alarm system gives you peace of mind 24 hours a day, 365 days a year as you know if no one is at your business or property then your alarm will sound in the event that someone accesses it who is unauthorised
- An alarm system usually makes staff members feel safer as it can be set at specific access points when they are working as well as reduce the concern of them entering into a vacant property
- A professionally fitted alarm may decrease your insurance policy premiums whether it is a business, commercial property or home. In some cases, the amount invested in a monitored alarm system can be offset by a decrease in your insurance premium and it is certainly worth contacting your insurance provider to check or talking to various other insurance firms when your renewal is due
- A property with a fully integrated alarm system is more likely to sell compared to a commercial property without one
- Professional alarm systems can be automated and show you which access point has actually been broken into
- Professional alarm systems can be connected to emergency services thus if the alarm system is triggered the police will be called to the property right away
- An alarm system will alert neighbours and passers-by if there has actually been a robbery and the police may be called promptly rather than you finding out when the next person enters your property
- Not all companies have somebody there every day or even every week, some commercial properties are used in order to store items or inventory that are essential to your business. In these scenarios, a commercial intruder alarm provides you peace of mind that your property is protected when nobody is there and is a much cheaper option than manning 24/7
- Some commercial intruder alarm systems come with cameras and motion sensors that alert you in the event that somebody is inside or outside of your property. This means you will be alerted that someone is at your property for you to investigate well before there is a chance of any break-in
- Monitoring systems that are compliant with UK legal criteria are suitable for prompt police response. The time that may be saved on simply by linking directly to the monitoring centre can mean the big difference between catching the criminal or arriving too late. Only approved security providers can install police response systems
Types of Commercial Intruder Alarms
Depending on your requirements, there are different types of alarms readily available and the one you choose will depend upon the nature of your business and the commercial property and belongings you are protecting. Elite Fire & Security can advise you of the most effective solution for you and your business or property and can incorporate separate security systems to ensure maximum security.
Remote Monitoring and Domestic Intruder Alarms – These alarm systems can be arranged so that a call centre monitors your premises 24 hours a day. A signalling system will almost instantly contact your call centre in the event that the alarm system is set off. The call centre will then get in touch with the key holders and the police if you have a Police Response system. This can function in 3 different ways;
Keyholder – when the alarm is activated, the alarm receiving centre will call your appointed keyholders
Text Alert – when the alarm is triggered, a text is sent to inform your nominated contacts of an invasion
Police Monitoring – the authorities will be notified through the alarm receiving centre if your alarm is activated
Wireless Intruder Alarm Systems – Wireless systems allow you to install sensors, cameras, beams and motion detectors around your property that alert you when something or somebody is detected. Alarm systems like these are great if you have numerous entry points due to the fact that the system will notify you regarding which sensors, cameras, beams and motions have been triggered
An Audible Intruder Alarm – a loud alarm and flashing strobe lights to draw attention. Intruders will be alerted to such systems, however, they are normally unmonitored key holders and the police will not be informed except if a member of the general public calls to report a disturbance. Therefore, they are not always the most effective selection for commercial properties as they rely upon neighbours or passers-by noticing and reporting the disturbance as well as some seasoned thieves being undaunted by the alarm and flashing lights.
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Intruder Alarm Specialist And What Can You Expect From Elite Fire & Security?
Elite Fire & Security will visit your premises to learn about your establishment as well as to conduct a full security risk assessment
Our team calculate your primary risks accorded to the threats that your business might encounter as well as potential entry points to make sure that we design and install a system that will protect your commercial property to its ideal capability
Our team can liaise with your insurance provider, architect, facilities manager or building contractors before presenting you with an assessment report, suggestions and a completely free no-obligation price estimate
Our on-site visit will examine your building layout and access points so we are able to generate a system design offering you the best level of security
Our company offer you solutions for a variety of kinds of intruder, monitoring and notification systems and we explain the positive aspects and drawbacks of each one, along with the cost to install and any continuing maintenance costs or alert systems
We can evaluate any existing systems and suggest if there are any ways to increase its operation to further secure your site
Our experts can provide you with information on businesses they have worked with previously and the varieties of systems we have installed
The installation of your new system is always implemented by our fully trained and professional engineers who will install and test your new intruder alarm
We provide you and your staff with training and an understanding of your new commercial intruder alarm and precisely how to use it
We can offer you planned maintenance and servicing options that will keep your system operating effectively
We can supply you with repair and emergency repair support services for every one of your security systems
If you are thinking about installing an Intruder Alarm System or have an existing system in Dursley you would like us to inspect, service or repair, get in touch with us today at 0333 577 1230 and we can answer any questions you may have and book in your free of charge no-obligation property assessment and design service.
CCTV Installation, Maintenance & Repair Services
Closed Circuit TV (CCTV) will secure your business or commercial property both inside and out. The surveillance cameras must be positioned in strategic positions in order to ensure all entry and exit points and any areas you need to keep an eye on are protected 247.
CCTV surveillance cameras can provide a real-time view, recording and playback options depending upon the system you opt for. They can protect your commercial property from external menaces, for example, breaking and enterings or wanton damage and also may be used internally to monitor what’s happening in various parts of your commercial property in addition to providing evidence of any unlawful acts that have taken place.
A CCTV system provides continuous surveillance and an effective CCTV system requires knowledgeable and calculated positioning of surveillance cameras for it to be effective at preventing burglaries, hooliganism and more.
CCTV systems are used in business enterprises and homes to view activity in real-time or historically and some systems will alert you of activity by making use of heat or motion activity. Surveillance cameras simultaneously send footage to a screen which enables the locations where the cameras are installed to be viewed as it is happening and recorded for playback later.
CCTV System Benefits
- CCTV surveillance cameras can monitor your property inside and out
- They are known to discourage break-ins and illegal activity or activity that should not be transpiring inside and outside of your commercial property. If criminals understand you have CCTV they will most likely be less likely to try to break-in
- They are remarkably efficient security and safety equipment that can be used in all types of properties ( houses & commercial properties).
- They are extremely versatile and can be made use of for real-time tracking or playback view. Many companies choose to have a person keeping track of their CCTV cameras 24 hours a day although others will only use it to look back at historic footage in the event that they need to
- They can be used inside and outside
CCTV systems are frequently made use of in:
- Storage facilities
- Industrial plants
- Leisure centres
- Cinema complexes
- Retail centres
- Housing developments
- Vehicle showrooms
- Coffee shops
- Caravan sites
- public areas
- Car parks
- Train & Bus stations
- Residential & Commercial properties
- Businesses and properties of all types can benefit from a properly designed and professionally installed CCTV system
At Elite Fire & Security we will assess your property in Dursley to ascertain which security system is best for you and which one is most cost-efficient. You can depend on our security experts to determine precisely where to position your CCTV digital cameras to maximize their effectiveness and work with you to ensure the security of your property or business 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can contact us right away on 0333 577 1230 in order to schedule a totally free no-obligation site survey and quote.
Types Of CCTV Systems
Given that there are various CCTV systems and possibilities available, selecting the best one may be a difficult task if you are doing this yourself. Elite Fire & Security is a highly reputable and professional security company which can advise you on the best security solution for your business. We will come out to your business or property and conduct a full site assessment identifying where your security risks are before advising you of the best solutions for you.
- Dome CCTV Surveillance Camera
- Bullet CCTV
- Infrared CCTV
- IP CCTV
- Wireless CCTV
- High-Definition (HD) CCTV
- Thermal Heat detection CCTV
- C-Mount CCTV
- Day & Night CCTV
CCTV Questions for Business And Commercial Property Owners
Which locations of my property or business do I want to be surveyed inside and out?
Do you wish to continuously monitor spaces within my business or commercial property?
Do you want playback from my CCTV system?
Do you want an alert system on my CCTV system applying heat or movement sensors?
Do you want day and night vision CCTV?
How noticeable do you want your video cameras to be (hidden or in view)?
Do you want CCTV cameras inside, outside or both?
Assuming that you are aiming to improve the security of your business or commercial property then CCTV is a great option and it can be incorporated with other security systems to give you the greatest advantages. Elite Fire & Security experts will be able to recommend this and other security and safety possibilities. If you are looking for 24-hour surveillance then CCTV is the security system for you. If you are looking to deter forced entries then a burglar alarm may well be among the most effective solution for you, having said that, partnering them all together will give you both benefits.
- The presence of a CCTV system is recognised to deter criminal activity
- It is well known that businesses and properties that have CCTV equipment installed are much less likely to get broken into, causing damage to your property, reducing risk to everyone inside along with the possible loss of products or systems that impact the operational operation of your businesses
- CCTV video footage can be watched in real-time or viewed historically depending on your needs which makes it a very versatile security system for your home or commercial property
- Break-ins trigger anxiety and a lack of confidence for staff members or house owners and a lot of people commonly do not feel safe when they are inside the property. CCTV gives you peace of mind
- Break-ins have a negative impact on your annual insurance payments
- They enable you to keep track of what is occurring inside and outside of your property or business
- They can be applied to keep track of the activity of employees and any site visitors who come into your property at any time, in real-time or playback to a specific date and time
- It has been determined that CCTV systems mean staff members have a higher degree of accountability for their actions and the work they perform, preventing unlawful or improper behaviour
- CCTV can increase work activity and productivity in a business enterprise as employees are less likely to misuse work time by taking telephone calls, and sending texts during their work time. taking excessive lavatory breaks, or treating themselves to extended lunchtime
- A CCTV system provides evidence of unauthorised access on a specific date and time and can be used as proof for the police force or for any workplace management
- CCTV footage can be used to collect evidence which can allow you to develop an understanding of activity and can even help with settling delivery disputes. Good quality CCTV footage can be presented in a law court as evidence and can play a critical role in identifying a criminal and the criminal offence they have committed
- You can frequently solve issues with internal colleagues and external suppliers by setting up a professional CCTV system, as the video footage will allow you to plainly observe and prove what transpired on specific dates and times
- Your business can easily keep documents of when your workers enter and leave the establishment. You can also track deliveries and any guests that enter and leave the property. This can help you make sure that your business is operating smoothly and manage any issues that can arise
- A CCTV system’s video footage can quite often be used to backtrack someone’s steps on a given day to locate lost items. When you need to locate important documents or commercial property for a client or stock for yourself, this can be useful
- When you come to a decision to sell your home or business enterprise, a professionally designed, installed and maintained CCTV system will certainly enhance its valuation
- Businesses and residential properties are far more likely to sell when they have a fully functioning CCTV system that is designed to your property’s requirements and installed by a professional security company
What Are The Advantages Of Making Use Of A CCTV Specialist – Elite Fire & Security?
As with everything there is never a “one size fits all” system that will benefit every business, home or commercial property so employing a specialist security business like Elite Fire & Security you will be given a professional service bespoke to your property and business requirements.
There are ‘off-the-shelf CCTV systems you can invest in now, however, these are much less easy to use and will not give you the benefits of an expertly designed and fitted system as well as the image quality.
CCTV cameras and systems have progressed significantly since they were first introduced. The quality of images is completely dependent on the equipment you opt for. At Elite we provide HD 4G if you want and want high-quality images which you will not likely receive from off-the-shelf systems. It is much easier to identify someone and for that footage to be used as evidence with high-quality images. Also, the quality of the images our systems deliver also means you will see clear photos irrespective of whether you are using a desktop computer or a mobile app.
If you have any type of difficulties with your system you can rely upon our team to fix them promptly for you.
Our team will service and maintain your system to make certain you are always receiving the full benefits of it.
CCTV may reduce your insurance policy costs. Expertly fitted CCTV systems will typically reduce your yearly insurance premium so always let your insurance provider know you possess one. They will often need to understand the make and model of the system and the professional who has fitted it for it to make a big difference to your premium as they will need to know it has been designed to the requirements of your business and commercial property.
Our CCTV systems use multiple surveillance cameras that are modular and can, consequently, be increased when and if required. By doing this, you do not need to install a completely brand-new CCTV system each and every time you want to add a camera that will monitor multiple locations around your commercial property simultaneously.
Our CCTV systems are designed around your property risks rather than a one size fits all method. CCTV video cameras are able to be fitted both inside and outside and can include light and movement detector sensing units. Camera directions can be changed when needed depending upon your requirements, all of which provide you optimum security for your property or site.
Elite Fire & Security commit to working with you to understand your business organisation and property security and safety requirements. We will clearly explain the benefits and drawbacks of each and every system available, including the visual and audio quality along with the cost for installation, continual maintenance and repair.
Our team work on projects of all sizes and regardless if you want a solitary or 12 digital camera CCTV system we can help. By using the assessment of your security needs, our team will develop a system that meets your requirements for security and peace of mind, together with other options readily available at the time or in the future.
Blending 2 security systems, for example, CCTV and an alarm system can give you the utmost security system and peace of mind when it comes to your home or business commercial property.
We stock CCTV systems from all leading brands and have systems to satisfy all sizes of properties and spending plans. CCTV systems are a dynamic and versatile product that can be modified to suit your specified needs when it comes to protecting your people, commercial property and business.
What Can You Expect From Elite Fire & Security CCTV Specialists?
- Only the very best CCTV systems and components are installed by us, provided by leading manufacturers in the security industry
- We offer a wide range of CCTV systems, from simple static and IP cameras to fully functional systems with pan, tilt, and zoom control
- We only install leading brand CCTV systems
- We offer the latest technology and guidance in CCTV systems
- Our CCTV systems offer high-quality images and audio
- We offer varying CCTV possibilities and features
- We offer improvements to your existing security system
- Our services include analysis, layout, and design
- We service, maintain and repair all types of CCTV and security systems
- For your CCTV system, we provide planned maintenance, servicing, and maintenance contracts to be sure the high quality of your real-time and recorded images
- Our installations are performed by our professional and fully qualified engineers
- We offer unexpected emergency callouts and repair work if you have any issues to keep your security system operating
- We provide you with software that enables you to monitor your system from home, work or on the go
- Following installation, we deliver full training to make certain you get the most out of your system
- So as to ensure 100% protection for your business, we only use recognised manufacturers and cutting-edge technology
- Our company have conducted hundreds of projects for companies all throughout the South, South West and Somerset since we started in 2005
- We carry out a wide variety of projects of various sizes and requirements, and we have significant experience in all areas of fire and security
If you are thinking about installing a CCTV System or have an existing system in Dursley you would like us to evaluate, service or repair, call us today on 0333 577 1230 and our team can answer any queries you may have and book your free of cost no-obligation commercial property assessment and design.
Fire Alarm Installation, Routine Maintenance & Repair Dursley
A fire alarm is a system that warns you of heat, smoke or fire and commercial fire alarm systems are all different in their capability and output and technical capabilities.
Different fire alarm systems employ a variety of applications that interact to give automatic detection the second there is heat, smoke, fire or carbon monoxide. The main purpose of a fire alarm system is to advise people by means of visual lights along with alerts that there is possibly impending danger and this ensures they have the chance to evacuate quickly and the emergency services called. A combination of temperature and smoke detection will certainly notify building inhabitants by means of horns, sirens, and warning lights offering the opportunity to evacuate safely.
The UK’s fire alarm regulations state that every company facilities need to have ‘an appropriate fire detection system’ making certain if ever there is a fire, it can be detected, and all of the occupants are alerted and able to vacate speedily and safely.
You can learn more right here.
Fire alarm solutions are not always a demand of business insurance policies; on the other hand, almost every policy is different and some insurance providers are going to offer you a discount rate depending on your fire alarm system and its proficiency.
Fire Alarm Benefits
- Simply, they save lives
- They reduce interruption as well as loss to businesses
- They alert people in a building that there is a hazard of smoke, heat or fire, facilitating their chance to vacate quickly
- They decrease potential property damages and loss
- They significantly lower the destruction that can be inflicted by heat, smoke and fire as very early discovery usually means a fire can be snuffed out a great deal quicker than
- it would certainly have been without
- Some fire alarm solutions automatically alert the emergency services meaning they are dispatched to the commercial property as soon as the alarm is activated so that there are absolutely no delays
- Fire Alarm systems alert fire officers within a building so they are able to ensure a safe as well as orderly evacuation
Elite Fire & Security in Dursley provide a detailed absolutely no obligation site survey in which our team will determine your fire risks and advise you of an optimal system for you. Our expert’s design, supply and install totally integrated fire alarm systems depending on your needs and property.
When you have a fire alarm system installed, or if you are in a property that currently has a system then you must have it serviced regularly to make certain it remains in safe and also efficient functioning order. A yearly service will make sure it operates when it needs to as well as make sure that you do not have periodic false alarms that can be significant disruption and expense to your company. Frequent false alarms might lead to employees as well as customers not acting in response quickly when the alarm goes off and this could be life-threatening if ever there is actually smoke or fire detected.
Most Frequent Causes Of False Fire Alarms
- Smoke or heavy steam setting off an alert
- Issues with your fire system such as connections, cables, sensing units and even control panel
- Manual break glass signal point being set off by mistake or perhaps maliciously. False alarms are seldom raised through malfunctioning call points
- Issues with your alarm system ( electrical circuitry and connections).
- Improperly maintained or irregularly serviced fire system.
Having your system serviced and regularly examined by a specialist will definitely always keep your fire system in excellent working order and this is imperative. Your business organisation’s Responsible Person really should conduct a fire system test weekly to ensure that it’s operating as it has to, in addition to having a periodic fire drill where it is documented and any actions required addressed. You can learn more here.
Elite Fire & Security Alarm servicing solutions in Dursley ensure that your equipment is functioning as it should do so if a fire alarm sounds your commercial property can be evacuated very quickly and as your fire technician, our team will help you to make sure you always keep within the fire regulations including checking your escape routes.
Precisely How Will I Know If My Business Needs A Fire Alarm System?
All businesses must have a specified ‘Responsible Person’ who ensures that any sort of actions because of a fire risk evaluation is executed and all necessary action is taken to protect against fires, injury or death if a fire occurs. All businesses have to carry out an annual fire assessment as a section of their Health & Safety requirements and it has to be documented when the business employs more than 4 people.
Not every business legally needs a fully integrated fire alarm system. A residential fire alarm and carbon monoxide detector could be fitted by yourself if it is not a legal requirement to get a comprehensive system.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 details everything you need to understand as a business concern in relation to fire safety. It is a lengthy document but as fire experts, our staff can easily explain the main points and sum up the legal essentials of your company and also the things you should consider.
Reasons Why Your Company Or Property May Not Need A Fire Alarm System
Your business building is a single storey.
Your commercial property is small in size, open plan and smoke, heat and fire are easily detectable.
Supposing that a fire starts and a warning pertaining to a fire is yelled, it can be heard by everyone within the property from every area in the property.
There are no vulnerable people within your business or commercial property (children under the age of 18. the elderly or the disabled).
You do not carry out higher fire risk actions.
You never store or use any sort of high-risk chemical substance and substances that may be prone to catching fire.
You should always refer to the specifics in The Regulatory Fire Reform and, or make use of a respectable fire assessment service provider like Elite Fire & Security who will examine your business and guide you concerning the reason that you should really or in the event that you don’t need to have a fire alarm system and refer you to the relative details in The Regulatory Fire Reform.
Landlord Criteria For Fire & Carbon Dioxide Alarms
Since 1st October 2015, landlords must ensure that fire and carbon monoxide detectors are installed in the required locations in their rented commercial properties. As a minimum requirement, the regulations state that smoke detectors/alarms should be installed on every single floor of the commercial property and a carbon monoxide gas alarm in any area containing a solid fuel-burning apparatus.
Business Fire Alarm Systems
Professional fire alarm systems are the same in basic principle in that they detect smoke, heat, and fire automatically, or in the event that somebody breaks the glass on an emergency fire point, the alarm will sound. Many business systems feature remote signalling that warns the inhabitants of a property along with the emergency fire services by using a central service meaning the fire services are dispatched instantly.
Types of Business Fire Alarm Systems
- Analogue Addressable
- Wireless systems
Which Fire Alarm System Should You Install?
This will depend on your premises, its overall size as well as its use. As an illustration, you would undoubtedly require a different fire alarm system if people slept anywhere within the commercial property compared to a business that operates without sleeping inhabitants.
It will depend on entry and exit points, if it’s single or multi-storey, where escape routes are as well as if there are enough of them, together with other factors that Elite Fire & Security can advise you of. Our team will assess your commercial property and spend time with you to comprehend your requirements prior to making any recommendations and us designing a bespoke system for you.
The cost of a fire alarm installation will definitely depend upon the type of system you have, your property size, your needs and if it is consolidated with any other safety and security systems. Our team will provide you with bespoke alarm system options in Dursley depending on your needs and finances with no obligation.
New Business Premises
You must always perform a full fire assessment on any new business premises in order to make certain that the building is safe, or have a dependable fire assessment company come out and do it for you. This will aid you to determine whether or not your present fire alarm system matches the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, or if any action needs to be taken.
Fire Alarm Questions for Business And Professional Property Owners
Have you reviewed your fire risk assessment within the last calendar year?
Have all of your team members had their fire safety training in the last 12 months?
Do you get your system looked at and maintained by a professional specialist regularly?
When was your fire system installed and is it still fit for purpose for your business and commercial property?
When did you last have a fire drill practice with documented actions?
Residential Property Fire Alarm Systems
If your residence is on the ground floor or one storey then ordinarily one smoke and carbon monoxide detector is enough to give you an early warning of smoke or fire. You should always be able to hear their alarms in any spot of your home and if you can’t then you should install more. In the case that you have a two or triple-floor property then you really should have the alarms fitted on every single floor and again check you can easily hear them inside any room of your home when they are set off. You really should perform a check with them each month to make sure the alarms sound and change any batteries frequently. A number of alarms are connected to your mains electricity and some are battery operated therefore testing regularly will advise you if there are any issues with either.
It is advised that home fire and carbon monoxide alarms should be positioned outside of each independent sleeping area and in the immediate area of any bedrooms. They need to be installed on the wall or ceiling depending on the detector’s directions.
If you believe that you need more than a smoke and carbon dioxide detector in your home then contact Elite Fire & Security without delay and we are able to help.
What Are The Benefits Of Using a Fire Professional – Elite Fire & Security?
We fully comprehend The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
Our experts are quickly able in order to determine if a current fire alarm meets all of the legal requirements of the Regulatory Reform
Our team are able to suggest to you the system you need to satisfy your legal requirements
We will design a bespoke system in order to satisfy your business and property needs in Dursley
Our staff will supply and install the right fire alarm system for you and your property
Our team are often able to make modifications to an existing fire alarm system to make certain it meets every one of your legal requirements
We will ensure you have appropriate escape routes
We can on a regular basis service your alarm to make certain that it is fully functional, safe and within British Standards certification body guidelines and specifications
What Can You Expect From Elite Fire & Security Specialists?
- We will visit your premises to learn about your business and your needs in the first instance
- We will conduct a comprehensive fire risk assessment employing our team of highly knowledgeable fire specialists who will evaluate the fire protection demands of your commercial property and give suitable recommendations in accordance with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- As part of health and safety regulations, your business commercial property must have had a comprehensive fire risk assessment and fire escape plan documented. Our team can inform you of this and offer everything you require so as to efficiently and safely pass your fire regulation obligations
- Our experts can be in touch with architects, facilities managers or building contractors and supply you with a written assessment, advised actions and a no-obligation price estimate
- Our company exclusively offer British Standard fire alarm systems and will describe the benefits and downsides of each one, the costs of installation for each one, as well as any ongoing routine maintenance costs. Our fire alarms deliver early notice of smoke, heat or fire, permitting the safe and speedy evacuation suitable for your premises
- Our experts can recommend any actions you need in order to take in regard to existing fire alarms and evaluate if they meet present fire regulations
- We will offer you the choice of fire alarm detectors with automatic sprinklers as well as fire brigade alerts and will definitely advise you if this is actually a legal requirement
- We can provide you with details on the businesses our company have worked with in the past and the types of fire systems we have installed
- Your installation and any servicing and repair work are only performed by one of our fully trained fire alarm professionals
- We will provide you and your staff with comprehensive instruction, and an understanding of your brand-new fire alarm system
- Our company offer routine maintenance and servicing options in Dursley that will maintain your fire alarm system operating safely and efficiently and within legal requirements
At Elite Fire & Security our team and engineers comprehend how fire can devastate property, businesses and lives, and we support you so as to make sure you have appropriate fire protection in place at all times providing you peace of mind as a home or business owner.
We are one of the UK’s leading fire safety service providers and supply, install and service a vast array of British Standards Fire Systems and security products at premises throughout Dursley and the South West.
Whether you are a home, business or commercial property Elite Fire & Security Services in Dursley can help you with all your security needs including Access Control, fully integrated Alarm Systems, CCTV and Fire Alarms.