Security Systems Bristol – Commercial Fire Alarms, CCTV, Intruder Alarms & Access Control
Commercial security systems Bristol ensure your property and business are protected from fire, intruders, vandalism and much more. Without them, your commercial property or business will be at more risk of break-ins and fire damage and its operation impacted, along with a lot of time and money being spent arranging and repairing any damage that has occurred. Elite Fire Security are industry security experts based in the South West and we offer Security Systems Bristol – installation, upgrades, maintenance and repair for commercial properties, businesses and homes in Bristol. If you are considering security for your commercial property or business contact us today on 0333 577 1230 and we can answer any questions you may have and arrange a free no-obligation site visit. We have experience in all types of security systems and will assess your property and site needs before recommending the systems to increase and enhance the security of your site.
Fire Alarm Installation, Maintenance & Repair – Security Systems Bristol
A fire alarm is a system that warns you of heat, smoke or fire and commercial fire alarm systems all vary in their capacity and output and technical capabilities.
Different fire alarm systems use different applications that work together to provide automatic detection when there is heat, smoke, fire or carbon monoxide. The main purpose of a fire alarm system is to warn people through visual lights and alarms that there is danger and this ensures they are able to evacuate and the emergency services called. A combination of heat and smoke detection will alert building occupants through sirens, bells, and warning lights offering time to evacuate safely.
The UK’s fire alarm regulations state that all business premises must have ‘an appropriate fire detection system’ ensuring if there is a fire, it can be detected, and all occupants are warned and able to evacuate quickly and safely.
You can find out more here.
Fire alarm systems are not always a requirement of business insurance policies; however, every policy varies and some insurance providers will offer you a discount depending on your fire alarm system and its capability.
Fire Alarm Security System Benefits
- They save lives
- They save disruption and loss to businesses
- They warn people in a building that there is a risk of smoke, heat or fire, enabling them time to evacuate
- They reduce potential property damage and loss
- They minimise the damage that can be caused by heat, smoke and fire as early detection often means a fire can be put out a lot quicker than it would have been without
- Some fire alarm systems automatically alert the emergency services meaning they are dispatched to the property as soon as the alarm is activated so there are no delays
- Fire Alarm systems alert fire officers in a building so they can ensure a safe and orderly evacuation
Elite Fire & Security offer a full no obligation site survey where we will assess your fire risks and advise you of the best system for you. We design, supply and install fully integrated fire alarm systems depending on your needs and property.
When you have a fire alarm system installed, or if you are in a property that already has a system then you should have it serviced regularly to ensure it is in good and efficient working order. An annual service will ensure it works when it needs to as well as ensuring you don’t have frequent false alarms which can be a huge disruption and cost to your business. Frequent false alarms can result in staff and customers not reacting quickly when the alarm goes off and this can be dangerous if there is smoke or fire detected.
Most Common Reasons For False Fire Alarms
- Smoke or steam setting off an alarm
- Issues with your fire system including connections, wires, sensors and control panel
- Manual break glass call point being activated accidentally or maliciously. False alarms are rarely raised through faulty call points
- Issues with your alarm system (wiring and connections)
- Poorly maintained or irregularly serviced fire system
Having your system serviced and regularly checked by a professional will keep your fire system in good working order and this is essential. Your business’s Responsible Person should conduct a fire system check weekly to ensure it’s working as it should do, as well as having a regular fire drill which is documented. You can find out more here.
Elite Fire & Security alarm servicing options ensure your system is working as it should do so if a fire alarm sounds your property can be evacuated quickly and as your fire specialist, we will guide you to ensure you keep within the fire regulations including checking your escape routes.
How Will I Know If My Business Needs A Fire Alarm System?
All businesses must have a designated ‘Responsible Person’ who ensures that any actions as a result of a fire risk assessment are carried out and all necessary action is taken to prevent fires, injury or death if a fire occurs. All businesses have to carry out an annual fire assessment as part of their Health & Safety requirements and it has to be documented when the business employs more than 4 people.
Not all businesses legally need a fully integrated fire alarm system. A domestic fire alarm and carbon monoxide detector can be fitted by yourself if it is not a legal requirement to have a full system.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 details everything you need to know as a business in regard to fire safety. It is a lengthy document but as fire experts we can explain the main points and summarise the legal needs of your business as well as the things you should consider.
Reasons Your Business May Not Need A Fire Alarm System
- Your business property is a single storey
- Your property is small, open plan and smoke, heat and fire are easily detectable
- If a fire starts and a warning of a fire is shouted, it can be heard by anyone within the property from any location in the property
- There are no vulnerable people within your business property (children under the age of 18. the elderly or disabled)
- You don’t undertake higher fire risk activities
- You don’t store or use any high-risk chemicals and substances that could be prone to catching fire
You should always refer to the details in The Regulatory Fire Reform and, or use a reputable fire assessment company like Elite Fire & Security who will assess your business and advise you of why you should or if you don’t need a fire alarm system and refer you to the relative points in The Regulatory Fire Reform.
Landlord Requirements For Fire & Carbon Dioxide Alarms
As of 1st October 2015, landlords have to ensure that fire and carbon monoxide detectors are installed in the required locations in their rented properties. As a minimum requirement, the regulations state that smoke detectors/alarms should be installed on every floor of the property and a carbon monoxide alarm in any room containing a solid fuel-burning appliance.
Commercial Fire Alarm Systems
Commercial fire alarm systems are the same in principle in that they detect smoke, heat, fire automatically, or if someone breaks the glass on an emergency fire point the alarm will sound. Some commercial systems offer remote signalling which alerts the occupants of a property as well as the emergency fire services via a central service meaning the fire services are dispatched immediately.
Types of Commercial Fire Alarm Systems
- Analogue Addressable
- Wireless systems
You can find out more about the types of fire alarm systems here.
Which Fire Alarm System Should You Install?
This will depend on your premises, their size and their use. As an example, you would need a different fire alarm system if people slept anywhere within the property compared to a business that operates with no sleeping occupants.
It will depend on entry and exit points, if it’s single or multi-storey, where escape routes are and if there are enough of them, as well as other considerations that Elite Fire & Security can advise you of. We will assess your property and spend time with you to understand your requirements before making any recommendations and us designing a bespoke system for you.
The cost of a fire alarm installation will depend on the type of system you have, your property size, your needs and if it is integrated with any other security systems. We will offer you bespoke alarm solutions depending on your needs and budget with no obligation.
New Business Premises
You should always conduct a full fire assessment on any new business premises to ensure that the building is safe, or have a reputable fire assessment company come out and do it for you. This will help you determine whether your current fire alarm system meets the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, or if any work needs to be done.
Fire Alarm Questions for Business And Commercial Property Owners
- Have you reviewed your fire risk assessment in the last year?
- Have all your employees had their fire safety training in the last 12 months?
- Do you have your system checked and maintained by a professional specialist regularly?
- When was your fire system installed and is it still fit for purpose for your business and property?
- When did you last have a fire drill practice with documented actions as a result of it?
Home Fire Alarm Systems
If your home is on the ground floor or single storey then generally one smoke and carbon monoxide detector is enough to provide you with an early warning of smoke or fire. You should always be able to hear their alarms in any location of your home and if you can’t then you should install more. If you have a double or triple storey home then you should have the alarms fitted on each floor and again check you can hear them in any room of your home when they are set off. You should perform a check with them every month to ensure the alarms sound and change any batteries regularly. Some alarms are connected to your mains electric and some are battery operated so testing regularly will tell you if there are any problems with either.
It is recommended that home fire and carbon monoxide alarms should be located outside of each separate sleeping area and in the immediate vicinity of any bedrooms. They should be installed on the wall or ceiling according to the detector’s instructions.
If you feel that you need more than a smoke and carbon dioxide detector in your home then contact Elite Fire & Security today and we can help.
What Are The Benefits Of Using a Fire Specialist – Elite Fire & Security?
- We fully understand The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- We are quickly able to establish if a current fire alarm meets all of the legal requirements of the Regulatory Reform
- We can advise you of the system you need to meet all of the legal requirements
- We will design a bespoke system to suit your needs
- We will supply and install a fire alarm system
- We can sometimes make adjustments to an existing fire alarm system to ensure it meets all of your legal requirements
- We will ensure you have suitable escape routes
- We can regularly service your alarm to ensure it is fully functional, safe and within British Standards certification body guidelines and specifications
What Can You Expect From Elite Fire & Security Specialists?
- We will visit your premises to learn about your business and your needs in the first instance
- We will conduct a full fire risk assessment using our team of highly experienced fire experts who will evaluate the fire protection requirements of your property and provide the appropriate recommendations in line with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- As part of health and safety regulations, your business property must have had a full fire risk assessment and fire escape plan documented. We can advise you on this and offer everything you need to successfully and safely pass your fire regulation obligations
- We can communicate with architects, facilities managers or building contractors and provide you with a written assessment, recommended actions and a free no-obligation quote
- We only offer British Standard fire alarm systems and will explain the benefits and disadvantages of each one, the cost of installation for each one, as well as any ongoing maintenance costs. Our fire alarms give early warning of smoke, heat or fire, allowing the safe and speedy evacuation of your premises
- We can advise you on any actions you need to take in regards to existing fire alarms and evaluate if they meet current fire regulations
- We will offer you the option of fire alarm detectors with automatic sprinklers as well as fire service alerts and will advise you if this is a legal requirement
- We can provide you with information on the businesses we have worked with previously and the types of fire systems we have installed
- Your installation and any servicing and repairs are only carried out by one of our fully trained fire alarm specialists
- We will provide you and your team with full training, and an understanding of your new fire alarm system
- We offer maintenance and servicing options that will keep your fire alarm system operating safely and effectively.
At Elite Fire & Security we understand how fire can devastate property, businesses and lives, and we support you to ensure you have sufficient fire protection in place at all times giving you peace of mind as a home or business owner.
We are one of the UK’s leading fire safety specialists and supply, install and maintain a wide range of British Standards Fire Systems and security products at premises throughout Bristol and the South West.
CCTV Installation, Maintenance & Repair
Closed Circuit TV (CCTV) will secure your business or commercial property both inside and out. The cameras should be placed in strategic positions to ensure all entry and exit points and any areas you need to monitor are covered 247.
CCTV cameras can offer real-time view, recording and playback options depending on the system you opt for. They can prevent your property from external threats such as break-ins or vandalism and can be used internally to monitor what’s going on in different areas of your property as well as provide evidence of any crimes that have taken place.
A CCTV system offers continual surveillance and an effective CCTV system requires knowledgeable and strategic placement of cameras for it to be effective at deterring break-ins, vandalism and more.
CCTV systems are used in businesses and homes to view activity in real-time or historically and some systems will alert you of activity using heat or motion activity. Cameras simultaneously transmit footage to a screen which allows the areas where the cameras are installed to be viewed as it is happening and recorded for playback later.
CCTV System Benefits
- CCTV cameras can monitor your property inside and out
- They are known to deter break-ins and criminal activity or activity that shouldn’t be happening inside and outside of your property. If thieves are aware you have CCTV they will be less likely to attempt to break-in
- They are an extremely effective security tool that can be used in all types of premises (homes & businesses)
- They are adaptable and can be used for real-time monitoring or playback view. Some businesses choose to have someone monitoring their CCTV cameras 24 hours a day whilst others will only use it to look back at historical footage if they need to
- They can be used inside and outside
CCTV systems are often used in warehouses, industrial plants, offices, leisure centres, cinema complexes, retail centres, developments, car showrooms, nightclubs, bars, restaurants, cafes, caravan sites, public places, car parks, supermarkets, train stations, bus stations, universities, colleges as well as residential properties. Businesses and properties of all types can benefit from a well-designed and professionally installed CCTV system.
At Elite Fire & Security we will assess your property to determine which security system is best for you and which one is most cost-effective. You can rely on our security experts to determine where to place your CCTV cameras to maximize their effectiveness and work with you to ensure the security of your property or business 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can contact us today on 0333 577 1230 to arrange a free no-obligation site survey and quote.
Types Of CCTV Systems
As there are many different CCTV systems and options available, choosing the right one can be a challenging task if you are doing it yourself. Elite Fire & Security is a highly reputable and expert security firm that can advise you on the best security solution for your business. We will come out to your business or property and conduct a full site assessment identifying where your security risks are before advising you of the best solutions for you.
- Dome CCTV Camera
- Bullet CCTV
- Infrared CCTV
- IP CCTV
- Wireless CCTV
- High-Definition (HD) CCTV
- Thermal Heat detection CCTV
- C-Mount CCTV
- Day & Night CCTV
CCTV Questions for Business And Commercial Property Owners
- Which areas of my property or business do I want to be surveyed inside and out?
- Do you want to continuously monitor areas within my business or property?
- Do you want playback from my CCTV system?
- Do you want an alert system on my CCTV system using heat or motion sensors?
- Do you want day and night vision CCTV?
- How evident do you want your cameras to be (hidden or in view)?
- Do you want CCTV cameras inside, outside or both?
If you are looking to increase the security of your business or property then CCTV is a good option and it can be integrated with other security systems to give you the greatest benefits. Elite Fire & Security experts will be able to advise you on this and other security options. If you are looking for 24-hour surveillance then CCTV is the security system for you. If you are looking to deter break-ins then a burglar alarm may be the most effective option for you, however, pairing them together will give you both benefits.
CCTV Security System Benefits
- The visual of a CCTV system is known to deter crime
- It is well known that businesses and properties that have a CCTV system installed are far less likely to be broken into, causing damage to your property, limiting risk to anyone inside as well as the potential loss of products or systems that impact the operational running of your businesses
- CCTV video footage can be watched in real-time or viewed historically depending on your needs which make it a highly flexible security system for your home or business
- Break-ins cause nervousness and a lack of confidence for employees or homeowners and people often don’t feel safe when they are inside the property. CCTV gives you peace of mind
- Break-ins have a negative impact on your annual insurance costs
- They enable you to monitor what is happening inside and outside of your property or business
- They can be used to monitor the activity of employees and any visitors who enter your property at any time, in real-time or playback to a specific date and time
- It has been established that CCTV systems mean employees have a higher level of accountability for their actions and the work they carry out, deterring illegal or inappropriate behaviour
- CCTV can increase work activity and productivity in a business as employees are less likely to waste work time taking a call, sending a text within their work time. taking excessive bathroom breaks, or treating themselves to longer lunchtime
- A CCTV system provides evidence of unauthorised access on a specific date and time and can be used as evidence for the police or for any workplace management
- CCTV footage can be used to collate evidence which can help you build a picture of activity and can even help with settling delivery disputes. Good quality CCTV footage can be presented in a court of law as evidence and can play a crucial role in identifying a criminal and the crime they have committed
- You can often resolve disputes with internal colleagues and external suppliers by installing a professional CCTV system, as the footage will allow you to clearly see and prove what happened on specific dates and time
- Your business can keep records of when your staff enters and leaves the building. You can also track deliveries and any visitors that enter and leave the building. This can help you ensure your business is running smoothly and manage any problems that can arise
- A CCTV system’s footage can often be used to retrace someone’s steps on a given day to locate lost items. When you need to locate important documents or property for a customer or stock for yourself, this can be helpful
- When you decide to sell your home or business, a professionally designed, installed and maintained CCTV system will increase its value. Businesses and residential properties are much more likely to sell when they have a fully functioning CCTV system that is designed to your properties requirements and installed by a professional security company
What Are The Benefits Of Using A CCTV Specialist – Elite Fire & Security
- As with anything there is never a “one size fits all” system that will benefit every business, home or commercial property so using a specialist security business like Elite Fire & Security you will receive a professional service bespoke to your property and business needs
- There are ‘off the shelf CCTV systems you can buy now, however, these are much less user-friendly and won’t give you the benefits of a professionally designed and fitted system as well as the image quality
- CCTV cameras and systems have moved on significantly since they were first introduced. The quality of images is very much dependent on the system you choose. At Elite we offer HD 4G if you want and need high-quality imagery which you won’t get from off the shelf systems. It is much easier to identify someone and for that footage to be used as evidence with high-quality images. Additionally, the quality of the images our systems provide also means you will see clear images regardless of whether you are using a desktop or a mobile app
- If you have any issues with your system you can rely on us to repair them quickly for you
- We will service and maintain your system to ensure you are always receiving the full benefits of it
- CCTV can reduce your insurance costs. Professionally fitted CCTV systems will often reduce your annual insurance premium so always let your insurance provider know you have one. They will often need to know the make and model of the system and the professional who has fitted it for it to make a difference to your premium as they will need to know it has been designed to the requirements of your business and property
- Our CCTV systems use multiple cameras that are modular and can, therefore, be expanded when and if needed. By doing this, you do not have to install a completely new CCTV system each time you want to add a camera that will monitor multiple locations around your property at the same time
- Our CCTV systems are designed around your property risks rather than a one size fits all approach. CCTV cameras can be fitted both inside and outside and can include light and motion detector sensors. Camera directions can be changed when needed depending on your requirements, all of which gives you optimum security for your property or site
- Elite Fire & Security commit to working with you to understand your business and property security needs. We will clearly explain the benefits and disadvantages of each system available, including the visual and audio quality as well as the cost for installation, ongoing maintenance and repair
- We work on projects of all sizes and whether you need a single or 12 camera CCTV system we can help. With the assessment of your security needs, we will design a system that meets your needs for security and peace of mind, along with other options available at the time or later on
- Combining two security systems such as CCTV and an alarm system can give you the ultimate security system and peace of mind when it comes to your home or business property
- We stock CCTV systems from all leading brands and have systems to suit all sizes of properties and budgets. CCTV systems are a dynamic and adaptable product that can be tailored to fit your specific needs when it comes to protecting your people, property and business
What Can You Expect From Elite Fire & Security CCTV Specialists
- Only the best CCTV systems and components are installed by us, provided by leading manufacturers in the security industry
We offer a wide range of CCTV systems, from simple static and IP cameras to fully functional systems with pan, tilt, and zoom control
- We only install leading brand CCTV systems
- We offer the latest technology and advice in CCTV systems
- Our CCTV systems offer high-quality images and sound
- We offer varying CCTV options and capabilities
- We offer upgrades to your existing security system
- Our services include assessment, layout, and design
- We service, maintain and repair all types of CCTV and security systems
- For your CCTV system, we offer planned maintenance, servicing, and maintenance contracts to ensure the quality of your live and recorded images.
- Our installations are performed by our expert and fully qualified engineers
- We offer emergency callouts and repairs if you have any problems to keep your security system up and running
- We provide you with software that allows you to monitor your system from home, work or on the go
- Following installation, we provide full training to ensure you get the most out of your system
- In order to ensure 100% protection for your business, we only use proven manufacturers and cutting-edge technology
- We have performed hundreds of jobs for businesses throughout the South, South West and Somerset since we began in 2005
- We perform a wide variety of jobs of various sizes and specifications, and we have extensive experience in all areas of fire and security
- Only the best CCTV systems and components are installed by us, provided by leading manufacturers in the security industry
If you are thinking about installing a CCTV System or have an existing system you would like us to assess, service or repair, contact us today on 0333 577 1230 and we can answer any questions you may have and book in your free no-obligation property assessment and design service.
Commercial Intruder Alarms Installation, Maintenance & Repair – Security Systems Bristol
An intruder or burglar alarm will protect your business inside and out and keep your organisation running without disruption whilst also protecting your team, customers and brand. Any sort of theft or vandalism causes huge disruption and cost to the property whilst you arrange repairs, recover stock and liaise with insurers.
Protecting your property and business with a professional commercial intruder alarm system will minimise the chance of planned break-in and decrease the likelihood of any ad hoc attempts as well. Thieves are less likely to target premises with an alarm as they will want a quick and quiet entry where they are less likely to get caught.
Commercial Intruder Alarm Security System Benefits
- It is well-known that intruders will choose a property without a security system or an outdated system rather than risk breaking into a property with a newly integrated alarm system
- If your business holds stock, specialist equipment, employee possessions and personal and sensitive data then an intruder alarm will decrease the likelihood of your property being broken into
- An alarm system gives you peace of mind 24 hours a day, 365 days a year as you know if no one is at your business or property then your alarm will sound if anyone accesses it who is unauthorised
- An alarm system often makes employees feel safer as it can be set at certain access points when they are working as well as reduce the worry of them entering a vacant property
- A professionally fitted alarm can lower your insurance premiums whether it is a business, commercial property or home. In some cases, the amount spent on a monitored alarm system can be offset by a reduction in your insurance premium and it is certainly worth contacting your insurance provider to check or asking other insurers when your renewal is due
- A property with a fully integrated alarm system is more likely to sell compared to a commercial property without one
- Professional alarm systems can be automated and show you which access point has been broken into
- Professional alarm systems can be connected to the emergency services so if the alarm is activated the police will be called to the property without delay
- An alarm system will alert neighbours and passers-by if there has been a break-in and the police can be called quickly rather than you finding out when the next person enters your property
- Not all businesses have someone there every day or even every week, some properties are used to store items or stock that are essential to your business. In these cases, a commercial intruder alarm offers you peace of mind that your property is secure when no one is there
- Some commercial intruder alarm systems come with cameras and motion detectors that alert you if someone is inside or outside of your property. This means you will be made aware that someone is at your property for you to investigate before there is a chance of any break-in
- Monitoring systems that are compliant with police requirements are eligible for immediate police response. The time that can be saved by connecting directly to the monitoring centre can mean the difference between catching the criminal or arriving too late. Only approved security companies can install police response systems
Types of Commercial Intruder Alarms
Depending on your requirements, there are different types of alarms available and the one you choose will depend on the nature of your business and the property and belongings you are protecting. Elite Fire & Security will advise you of the best solution for you and your business or property and can integrate different security systems to ensure optimum security.
Remote Monitoring and Domestic Intruder Alarms – These alarm systems can be configured so that a call centre monitors your premises 24 hours a day. A signalling system will automatically contact your call centre if the alarm is triggered. The call centre will then contact the key holders and the police if you have a Police Response system. This can work in 3 different ways;
- Keyholder – when the alarm is triggered, the alarm receiving centre will contact your nominated keyholders.
- Text Alert – when the alarm is activated, a text message is sent to alert your nominated contacts of an intrusion
- Police Monitoring – the police will be notified through the alarm receiving centre if your alarm is activated
Wireless Intruder Alarm Systems – Wireless systems allow you to install sensors, cameras, beams and motion detectors around your property that alert you when something or someone is detected. Alarm systems such as these are great if you have multiple entry points since the system will alert you as to which sensors, cameras, beams and motions have been disturbed.
An Audible Intruder Alarm sets off a loud alarm and flashing strobe lights to draw attention. Intruders will be alerted to such systems, however, they are mostly unmonitored key holders and the police will not be notified unless a member of the public calls to report a disturbance. Therefore, they are not always the best option for commercial properties as they rely on neighbours or passers-by noticing and reporting the disturbance as well as some experienced burglars being undaunted by the alarm and flashing lights.
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Intruder Alarm Specialist And What Can You Expect From Elite Fire & Security
- Elite Fire & Security will visit your premises to learn about your business as well as carry out a full security risk assessment
- We assess your major risks based on the threats that your business could encounter as well as possible entry points to ensure we design and install a system that will protect your business to its optimum capacity
- We can liaise with your insurance provider, architect, facilities manager or building contractors before providing you with an assessment report, recommendations and a free no-obligation quote
- Our on-site visit will assess your building layout and access points so we are able to produce a system design offering you the best level of security
- We offer you options for different types of intruder, monitoring and notification systems and we explain the benefits and disadvantages of each one, along with the cost to install and any ongoing maintenance costs or alert systems
- We can assess any existing systems and advise you if there are any ways to improve its operation to further secure your site
- We can provide you with information on businesses they have worked with previously and the types of systems we have installed
- The installation of your new system is always carried out by our fully trained and specialist engineers who will install and test your new intruder alarm
- We provide you and your team with training and an understanding of your new commercial intruder alarm and how to operate it
- We can offer you planned maintenance and servicing options that will keep your system operating effectively
- We can provide you with repair and emergency repair services for all of your security systems
If you are thinking about installing an Intruder Alarm System or have an existing system you would like us to assess, service or repair, contact us today on 0333 577 1230 and we can answer any questions you may have and book in your free no-obligation property assessment and design service.
Access Control Installation, Maintenance & Repair
Access control systems offer enhanced security to businesses, homes or premises by offering flexible control over who is allowed access. They are one of the most used security systems for businesses now and there are different types of systems available to suit your needs.
Access control can be used on doors, gates, lifts, barriers or any entry or exit points to control who enters and leaves a property. They are a solution to protect people inside a property, a specific room or area in a property, belongings and systems as well as the property itself. They enable you to monitor and control who is entering and leaving at any time.
An access control system not only provides security of who is entering a property or site but also allow quick entry with a pin code or swipe access card.
Types Of Access Control Door Systems
There are different types of Access Control Door Systems and each one works slightly differently. Elite Fire & Security are experts in the types available and will be able to recommend the best system for your property, business, needs and budget.
- Keypad Entry Access Control Systems
- Key Fob Entry Access Control Systems
- Card Entry Access Control Systems
- Fingerprint Entry Access Control Systems
- Retina Entry Access Control Systems
- RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Entry Access Control Systems
Keypad Entry Access – This type of access control system utilises a keypad with a numeric keypad for entering and exiting. Businesses and homeowners can change the numeric code at any time if necessary.
Key Fob Entry Access – This is when someone who has been given permission to access a property or an area uses a wireless remote control key fob to open the entry point, much like a car key fob. The fob is battery operated.
Card Entry Access – Access to an access point or door is controlled by a keycard that contains a security token. An installed keycard reader opens and closes the door when the card is tapped against the reader or swiped through a swipe reader.
Fingerprint Entry Access – Biometric (fingerprint and retina) entry access control systems are growing in popularity because they are considered more secure due to the fact that the entry code, fob or card cannot be passed on to anyone who isn’t authorised. A fingerprint entry access control system allows authorised individuals to gain access quickly, while preventing unauthorised persons from doing so.
Retina Entry Access – Biometric (retina and fingerprint) entry access control systems are a growing market with lots of organisations using them because they are seen as more secure access systems. The entry code, fob or card cannot be passed on to anyone who isn’t authorised and only allows access to authorised people.
RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Entry Access – Access control systems that use RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) allow entry to authorised individuals. Radio waves are sent out by the RFID control reader, and radio waves are sent out by the RFID tags (cards/fobs). When the card is within range, the antenna within it captures the waves and broadcasts a message that contains a unique number from the chip, which allows access.
Access control door systems have the same purpose of allowing or denying entry or exit but they do so in different ways. You can have an access control door system in a business property, home or if you have land that is secured by fencing and gates which enables you to control who enters. The systems can be designed and fitted to doors, gates, barriers, turnstiles and much more.
Access Control Security System Benefits
- They allow quick and easy access or entry to anyone authorised
- They restrict entry to those who are not authorised
- You can see who has entered and when (record of entry)
- They can restrict areas within a building or property quickly and remotely
- They are difficult to break into and gain entry without the authorisation
- They protect people inside a building
- They protect valuables and belongings in a building
- They protect businesses, sites and properties
- They allow quick and easy access to anyone authorised
The system you choose will depend on your property and security requirements. Elite Fire & Security offer security systems Bristol and we carry out a full security assessment of your site and get to know your needs and then advise you of the best solution for you and your budget.
As opposed to an access control door system, an intruder alarm will not prevent anyone from entering a building or area, it will just warn you or others that the area has been accessed without your permission.
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Access Control System Specialist – Elire Fire & Security
- We will visit your premises to learn about your business and conduct a full site and risk assessment
- We can communicate with architects, facilities managers or building contractors if you need them to before providing you with written recommendations and a free no-obligation quote
- Our on-site visit will assess your building layout, access and exit points to enable us to design a fully integrated access control entry system to suit your security requirements
- We can offer you different access control entry system options and explain the benefits and disadvantages of each one, the cost of installation and ongoing maintenance
- We can provide you with information about the businesses we have worked with and the types of access control systems we have installed
- The installation of your access control entry system is carried out by our fully trained specialists who will install and test your new system
- We provide you and your team with full training, an understanding of your new system along with how you can remove and give access as you need to
- We can offer you maintenance and servicing options that will keep your access control system operating safely and effectively
- We offer 24/7 emergency repair services if you need us.
We are specialists in installing the latest access control systems including market-leading solutions from Paxton Access Control and Honeywell Security UK.
Whether small, medium or large, we work with all types of businesses and homes in installing and maintaining single control point and multiple control point systems that can be connected to central monitoring stations at larger locations if needed.
Every system we design is unique to your property and requirements, and we work closely with each client to customise their access security system to meet their specific needs.
We are one of the UK’s leading Access Control System specialists and we supply Security Systems Bristol. We install and maintain a wide range of security systems and products in the South West and we offer a free, no-obligation site assessment and quotation service. Contact us on 0333 577 1230 and one of our experts will be able to answer any questions you may have or book your free security assessment survey today.